Saffron Chicken - TasteSaviours
The beautiful aroma of khada masalas, the vibrancy of saffron and the tenderness of the chicken makes this recipe a winner at the dining table. Serve this saffron chicken with hot rotis or rice.
- 1 kg chicken (broiler), cut into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 2 tsp sonth (dry ginger powder)
- Salt, to taste
- 10 cloves (laung)
- 1 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- 1 stick cinnamon, broken into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp saunf (fennel seeds)
- 1 1/2 tsp saffron soaked in 2 Tbsp warm milk
Wash and wipe chicken dry.
Heat ghee and fry the chicken pieces over high heat till light brown.
Add sonth, laung, chilli powder, dalchini and saunf. Stir a few times and add 1/2 cup water.
Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer till chicken is tender.
Add the kesar and cook till all the extra liquid dries up. Serve hot.
Latest posts by tastesaviours (see all)
- The Right Cooking Oil Could Make All The Difference - November 16, 2017
- Choose The Dish After Your Favorite Friend’s Character At Central Perk Café - September 27, 2017
- Top 5 Cooking Oils For Healthy Heart and Weight - September 11, 2017