Oats and Chicken Porridge Recipe
This recipe makes the perfect portion, enough to keep you full till lunch. High on protein, for those looking for both taste and health, this is the recipe for them.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 Tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 6-8 fresh coriander sprigs
- 1/2 cup browned onions + for garnishing
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 lemon, juice
Cut chicken into small pieces.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds, bay leaves, ginger and garlic and sauté for a minute.
Add green chillies and chicken pieces and mix well.
Add oats, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, black pepper powder and salt and mix well.
Add 2 cups water and mix well.
Cook till chicken is done.
Finely chop coriander sprigs.
Add browned onions, butter and lemon juice to the pan and mix well. Add coriander leaves and mix well.
Add egg whites and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Transfer the porridge into a serving bowl, garnish with browned onions and serve hot.
Latest posts by tastesaviours (see all)
- The Right Cooking Oil Could Make All The Difference - November 16, 2017
- Choose The Dish After Your Favorite Friend’s Character At Central Perk Café - September 27, 2017
- Top 5 Cooking Oils For Healthy Heart and Weight - September 11, 2017