Light Chicken Fiesta
Chicken marinated in robust flavors of tamarind, honey and soy. Grilled and tossed with some peppers and onions. Combine the method of stir frying, baking and barbequing into one delicious celebration.
- 6 full leg and thigh chicken pieces
- 2 Tbsp tamarind paste
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 whole cloves of garlic
- 3 whole green chillies
- 4 onions, quartered
- 1 green pepper diced
- Salt, a pinch
In a bowl add the chicken. Rub tamarind paste, soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar/lemon juice, garlic paste, 1 tsp brown sugar and a pinch of salt. Use your hands to coat the chicken with all the robust flavors.
Let it marinate for 5 hours. (For best results)
Put the chicken in a baking dish and grill in the oven for 20 minutes.
Heat a pan with oil, whole garlic cloves and green chillies. Then add onions, 1 tsp brown sugar and the green peppers and lightly saute
Put the oven grilled chicken into the wok and stir-fry for 10 minutes.
Now take the chicken fiesta and put it back in the oven for 10 minutes.
Latest posts by tastesaviours (see all)
- The Right Cooking Oil Could Make All The Difference - November 16, 2017
- Choose The Dish After Your Favorite Friend’s Character At Central Perk Café - September 27, 2017
- Top 5 Cooking Oils For Healthy Heart and Weight - September 11, 2017