Irish Coffee Recipe
Irish coffee is a bewitching combination of sweet, whisky-laced coffee through softly-whipped cream. Very simple, very indulgent, very delicious.
- 50 ml unsweetened, cold whipping cream
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 50 ml Irish whisky
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee
- Nutmeg to sprinkle (optional)
Fill a tall glass (traditionally with a stem) with hot boiling water, leave to stand and then pour away the water.
Whip the cream until the bubbles disappear and it has just started to thicken and form ribbons underneath the whisk. Put back in the refrigerator.
Dissolve the sugar in 2 tablespoons of hot water in a small pan and bring to a boil. Add some freshly brewed rich coffee and stir. Then remove from heat and stir in the whisky.
Pour the mixture of whisky, sugar and coffee into the bottom of the pre-heated glass. Take the cold cream out of the fridge, whisk once again, then pour it on over the back of a spoon (to prevent it from sinking) until you hit the rim of the glass.
Grate a little nutmeg over the top and serve immediately.
Latest posts by tastesaviours (see all)
- The Right Cooking Oil Could Make All The Difference - November 16, 2017
- Choose The Dish After Your Favorite Friend’s Character At Central Perk Café - September 27, 2017
- Top 5 Cooking Oils For Healthy Heart and Weight - September 11, 2017